Periorbital dark circles and puffiness under eyes. How to get rid of them, or at least, reduce them? What’s the best dark eye circle remover? I guess that every person has faced such an unpleasant phenomenon at least once in his life. Appearing because of various reasons, dark eye circles spoil the appearance, mood and provoke unwanted questions from people that surround you.
It’s needless to say how many remarks (not always tactful) darkness around the eyes can cause from people who, without going into details, quickly find their own reasons and explanations to what they see but don’t fully understand.
Thus, like in my other article where I review best natural fat burning pills and share my brother’s weight loss story, first of all, I will list all main “real” reasons to dark eye circles and puffiness and then describe all the possible methods of reducing it.
It will include natural dark eye circles remedies and tips that you can use at home, and some other, more advanced methods, such as beauty salon procedures and the latest best dark eye circle remover.
Causes Of Periorbital Dark Circles & Puffiness Under Eyes
In most cases, the appearance of dark eye circles (so-called “bags”) and swelling (“puffiness”) is associated with the following causes and factors:
Lack Of Sleep
The most common reason is a lack of sleep. In this case, a good sleep will help you to get rid of them.
Wrong Position Of The Head During Sleep
If you sleep on a large fluffy pillow and your head is at a great angle, it also leads to eyelid edema and dark circles under the eyes.
Periorbital dark circles and puffiness eyes can be caused by increased eye strain and fatigue, which immediately affects the condition of the skin of the face.
The consumption of a large amount of salt causes the appearance of dark eye circles and swelling of the face as a whole. This is due to the fact that the salt is able to retain water in the body, which is then being deposited in the adipose tissue under the eyes.
Alcohol & Smoking
These bad habits cause stagnation in the blood vessels, which leads to the appearance of bags under the eyes, as well as redness and irritation of the eyes.
Prolonged Exposure To The Sun Without Sun Glasses
It stimulates the increased production of melanin, a pigment that gives color to the skin. Hence the darkness around eyes.
Aging Of The Body
With age, the skin under the eyes becomes thinner, stretches and sags. After this, fat gradually accumulates in the resulting space. Eventually, periorbital dark circles appear.
During pregnancy, not only the face but also limbs, do often puff and swell, which is associated with the retention of fluid in the body.
As a rule, in case a person has a genetic predisposition, dark eye circles can appear in childhood. It can be explained by a very thin membrane between the skin of the eyelid and the subcutaneous tissue that allows fatty tissue to gradually penetrate into the skin, forming puffing and swelling.
Quite often, due to hormonal changes, women develop periorbital dark circles and puffy eyes. The reason is the release of the hormone called estrogen, which contributes to the excessive accumulation of fluid in the body.
Very often, when choosing cosmetics, its individual intolerance is not taken into account. Cosmetic products can contain oils and fats that can spread and enter the eyes, causing swelling of the eyelids.
In addition, these oils can clog the skin pores, not letting the oxygen through and thus, as if making the skin look “heavier and leading to the appearance of periorbital dark circles.
Not always the appearance of puffiness under the eyes is associated with an unhealthy lifestyle. Often the reason lies in the presence of certain diseases, such as:
- Inflammation of the sinuses (antritis, sinusitis) – accompanied by painful sensations in the forehead or under the eyes, nasal discharge and runny nose.
- Allergy. It is accompanied by lacrimation, reddening of eyes, sneezing, coughing, violation of breathing.
- Diseases of kidneys. Water is retained in the body, which results in not only puffy eyes but also a pain in the small of the back, as well as headaches.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland. As a result of the dysfunction of the thyroid gland, the body becomes weak, the weight increases, the menstrual cycle is disrupted.
- Heart failure (accompanied by the appearance of dyspnea, rapid fatigue). Circles and puffiness under the eyes appear in the evening, while in the morning they are almost invisible.
- Skin diseases. Such as dermatitis, eczema. Circles can also appear as a result of a common cold or flu.
Although there can be some really serious reasons to dark circles under your eyes, I would say that you shouldn’t worry too much about it, because as I’ve stated earlier, these cases are pretty rare. In addition to that, the medicine nowadays is developed like never before, that’s why dark circles are not the biggest health problem in the world.
And the last thing I want to say before we jump into reviewing all the methods of reducing puffiness under eyes and choosing the best dark eye circle remover. Our bodies are so unique, that no one, even the best doctor in the world, can’t predict, what method will be the most effective for you.
Your Dark Eye Circles Remedy – Simple Tips & Methods
So, in case the puffiness under eyes and periorbital dark circles are not associated with any disease but are the result of a not healthy lifestyle, the following tips can help you:
- Get enough sleep. A minimum of sleep is 8 hours a day, while you should also pay attention to its quality. Sleeping on the bus on the way from work is unlikely to be healthy and will not help in getting rid of circles.
- Sleep properly. Incorrect position of the head during sleep leads to the formation of puffiness under the eyes. Try to keep your head from rising very much, for this, choose small flat cushions. In addition to getting rid of dark eye circles, such cushions will prevent the appearance of pain in the neck. Try to sleep on your back.
- Reduce salt intake. Salt retains fluid in the body, which then accumulates in the form of dark circles under the eyes.
- Drink plenty of fluids. If you do not suffer from a disease associated with excessive accumulation of fluid in the body, drink at least half a gallon of water every day. This will allow you to normalize the metabolism and relieve excessive puffiness and darkness under the eyes.
- Use quality cosmetics. Cheap low-quality cosmetics harm not only your eyes but your appearance in general. Mascara crumbles off, shadows roll down, the skin clogs up and does not breathe, as a result, it looks “heavy” and puffiness appears.
- Wear sunglasses. Do not go out into the bright sun without protective glasses. Furthermore, the UV protection filter (SPF) of your glasses should be at least 30.
- Get rid of bad habits. This includes not only alcohol and smoking but also eating late at night. Do not eat or drink a lot before bed because you will see the result on your face in the morning.
- Eat right. The food should be nourishing and contain vitamins necessary for an organism. At the same time, you should limit the consumption of salty and spicy food. Replace the hamburger with a salad of fresh vegetables and you will soon notice a difference in the way you feel.
- Apply compresses for eyelids. You can do it in several ways:
Put small slices of raw potatoes on the skin in the eye area and hold for 15 min, then wash your face with cold water. Potatoes can be replaced with fresh cucumber.
Cold tea can also help to quickly remove puffiness. Put the bags on your eyes and hold for 10 minutes and then wash with cold water.
- Apply parsley mask. Finely chop the leaves of parsley and put them on your eyes. Put a cold cotton pad on the top. Keep this mask for about 15 minutes.
- Choose the best dark eye circle remover that is right for you. Some people do not tolerate too fatty oil extract creams. Moisturizers can also clog the skin without letting the oxygen pass and thereby cause puffiness under eyes. Wipe excess cream with a napkin before going to bed because excess cosmetics on the eyelids during the sleep can lead to the appearance of periorbital dark circles.
By the way, the skin around the eyes is very thin. That’s why it is better not to use ordinary creams because they just will not work. There are special series for the under eye skin. Such creams, lotions, and tonics are very effective. I will talk about the best dark eye circle remover at the end of my article.
Periorbital Dark Circles Treatment – Methods Of Beauty Salons
If you have tried all the previous natural methods and don’t see the result, don’t give up and consider going to a specialized beauty center or salon. In this part of my article, I will list their most popular and effective dark eye circle remedies and procedures.
It’s obvious, that the specialists in such centers don’t use slices of potatoes and parsley as their main ingredients for making masks. They do use some other drugs instead. All of their masks always contain collagen, a protein called “elastin”, hyaluronic acid, and oils.
These drugs create a thin protective layer on the skin. But the most important things in such cosmetics are biologically active substances, which improve the outflow of fluid through the lymphatic ways.
Here are the masks that can be offered to you in beauty salons:
- Alginate masks are masks based on brown algae. Ampoules and algae concentrates can supplement such a mask. They support the elasticity of the skin, contribute to the production of fibers in the dermis.
- Masks with an extract from the medicinal leech. Such masks improve the condition of veins, increase the fluidity of blood and lymph.
- Caffeine in masks removes edema and even splits fat cells, which can become fatty hernias.
- Masks with plant extracts. Ivy creates a drainage effect, a thoroughwax stimulates the processes of fission of fats, the euphorbia removes irritation, fatigue, eliminates periorbital dark circles, chamomile gives an anti-puffiness effect, parsley enhances blood circulation, wheat proteins restore the water balance.
In general, such masks will not harm anyone, even young girls, but you should take into account that they can’t be effective in all cases. You can use masks when the circles under the eyes just start to appear.
Substances which are used in masks can’t fully penetrate deep into the dermis. That’s why to solve the problem from the inside, injections are being used: active substances on thin needles are delivered right inside the puffed bags and circles to a depth of 1.5 to 6 mm.
However, for those who have a fear of injections, there is also a non-injection method of mesotherapy: a special device injects the drugs into the skin under the pressure of oxygen.
Components of the “cocktail” can be different: enzymes, vitamins, and minerals, lysine, plant extracts, caffeine, as well as extracts from embryonic cells. But a “personal cocktail” can be picked only after consultation when a specific problem has been diagnosed.
As a result, the substances strengthen the muscles and delicate skin, activate and tonify the vessels, which begin to intensively pump venous blood and lymph.
Although many people consider a mesotherapy an alternative to surgical treatment, in reality, it is far from being as effective. It will decrease excess fluid and help to get rid of darkness around eyes, the skin will become thicker, but it will not help to fight fat cells if there are any.
This procedure is very safe and the only thing that can stop you from using it is a fear of injections. All the substances in mesotherapy are non-toxic, the effect is local (75% of the drug remains in the area of exposure, the blood takes no more than 25%). This procedure can be also used for a person with diabetes.
The effect of mesotherapy is quite long, but not eternal – it’s recommended to repeat the course in 8-10 months. One course includes from six to eight procedures.
Lymphatic Drainage (Lymph Massage)
Many large beauty salons offer to get rid of periorbital dark circles and puffiness under eyes with the help of an electric current that affects the lymph vessels. The purpose of the procedure is to disperse the stagnant liquid and slags through the lymph system.
To achieve this, point electrodes are placed on and around the problem areas, through which the alternating currents enter. A positive electrode is set at the beginning of the lymphatic vessel, a negative electrode – towards the lymph node.
The sensations are as if these microcurrents shake the skin. In fact, they shorten the muscles, activate capillaries and drive lymph and venous blood away from the eyes. An hour and a half procedure reduces puffiness and lightens the dark circles. The effect is being fixed with toning masks and creams in order for the circles not to return in the morning.
Lymph drainage is called in such a way because it primarily affects the lymph, that is, removes puffiness. This method will not be so effective in removing fatty hernias.
In addition to pretty specific sensations, the following list of contraindications can be regarded as a disadvantage of electro-lymphatic drainage: thrombophlebitis or acute skin diseases in the affected area, a violation of blood coagulation, hemorrhages, hypersensitivity to impulse current. The entire procedure of lymph drainage for the eyes takes about an hour and a half. You need at least 4 of them. This procedure can also be performed manually.
Blepharoplasty – A Surgical Operation
If the puffiness does not go away even after masks and salon procedures, it means, that most likely, the skin is too flabby, and the periorbital dark circles conceal a fat hernia which needs to be removed with the help of blepharoplasty.
This is no longer a cosmetic, but a surgical procedure that requires anesthesia and a serious consultation with a doctor. Moreover, it’s necessary to pass tests to exclude cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and blood diseases.
During the 30-40 minute treatment, the doctors will remove excess skin and fat cells from the upper or lower eyelids, make the plastic surgery of the muscles, if necessary. Sometimes fat is extracted without removal of the skin – through a puncture. This method is called the transconjunctival blepharoplasty.
You can go home right after the procedure but only on foot because it’s forbidden to drive after such kind of operation. Blepharoplasty can be necessary for people aged 35 years and over when a fat hernia begins to appear due to the weakening of the orbital septum, or for those who have a fat hernia as a birth defect.
The stitches will be removed in 7-8 days, and the final recovery will come in only 2 weeks. During this time, you will have to stop your active social life: the appearance will be spoiled by bruises, swelling, and redness around the eyes.
The worst thing is that the following complications may appear after blepharoplasty: conjunctivitis, dry eye syndrome, lack of lacrimal fluid, and even something more serious.
To avoid all these problems, this serious operation should be only performed in medical centers by experienced doctors, not cosmeticians. It should be also checked whether the clinic has all the necessary certificates and equipment.
Eyelasticity Eye Therapy – Best Dark Circles Removal Cream
I guess that the previous part of my article about blepharoplasty may have scared you off a bit, but as I’ve already said earlier, you shouldn’t start to worry right away because, probably, your case doesn’t require something like this. I just wanted to point out that periorbital dark circles can potentially become a very serious problem, if not treated in time.
Fortunately, in 2018, it has become several times easier to find effective and relatively quick solutions to some health issues than it was 20 or even 10 years ago. Researchers are working every day to learn more facts about the human body and make our lives less stressful and more comfortable.
When the first drugs and medications were invented, their aim was to support the main, most important functions of our body. Nowadays, the situation is different, because the scientists started to pay more attention to detail, the quality of our life, the importance of all, even tiny parts of our body. This dark eye circles remedy is a vivid example of it.
The Benefits Of Eyelasticity Dark Eye Circle Remover
This product has been specially designed for the gentle under eye area by an experienced plastic surgeon. It fortifies and nourishes the skin, reduces dark periorbital circles and puffiness, tightens the skin and smoothes the wrinkles.
Clinical tests have proven that Eyelasticity Age-Defying Eye Therapy is capable of addressing almost all potential causes of dark circles by stimulating blood circulation, like in the case of the lymphatic drainage and mesotherapy described earlier, but without electrical currents and injections. It hydrates the thin, delicate skin of the under eye area and shrinks the fat cells that cause the saggy effect. And one more important thing.
When I was talking about the methods that you can use at your local beauty salon or clinic, I haven’t mentioned the prices of those procedures which can be as high as several thousands of dollars, depending on your location, the rank and prestige of the clinic, and many other factors.
And if you add up all the potential contraindications and complications of some of those methods described earlier, I think that the choice becomes pretty obvious.
Yes. I do understand that you can be a little bit skeptical about the amazing effectiveness of this dark eye circle remover declared by the manufacturer, but you should agree with me that it’s worth a try, taking into consideration the affordable price of the cream.
The company Skinception has been around for many years and is renowned for their quality health products. Check out their official website to learn more about this cream and their other products. From my point of view, this best dark eye circle remover is a great solution for getting rid of periorbital dark circles and reducing puffiness under eyes, one of the first remedies you should definitely try, even if it’s half as good as the manufacturer says it is.
To sum up, my final advice would be to choose several dark eye circles remedies from this list and try them one by one in order to see the result and find out what works best for you. I really hope that my article was helpful.